Home About Us Catalog Borrowing Services Resources Programs & Events Locations





Logan Street

Photo:122 Logan St. c.1791

This street is named for William Logan, through whose land it was opened, from Broad to Tradd, by City Ordinance in 1803. ("Streets of Charleston.")


4 Logan St. c.1852
IMAGE -- This large brick house was built by Dr. Edward Frost for his son, sometime after 1852. The outbuildings in the rear predate the house and originally served the house at 128 Tradd St. (Stockton, unpub. notes)

6 Logan St. c.1834
IMAGE
-- St. Peter's Episcopal Church burial ground. The church was built here in 1834-36, burned in the great fire of 1861 and was not rebuilt. (Stockton, unpub. notes)

25 Logan St. c.1873
IMAGE
-- This wooden house was built for R. D White, a well-known stone cutter, in 1873. (Stockton, unpub. notes)

98 & 100 Logan St. c.1902
IMAGE:ON RIGHT -- These two frame Victorian houses were built by Herman Rosebrock and Ernst Rosebrock, about 1902. (Stockton, DYKYC, April 18, 1977.)

122 Logan St. c.1791
IMAGE:TOP OF PAGE -- This three story stuccoed brick, hip-roofed house was built by Mathias Wolf, a butcher, sometime after he purchased the site in 1791. (Stockton, unpub. notes)