Cordes Street was named for the family of Catherine Cordes, wife of Samuel Prioleau, Jr., owner of Prioleau's Wharf. lt was the southernmost street of the Prioleau's Wharf property, which was laid out by his heirs in 1816, with streets named for branches of the family: Prioleau, Cordes and Gendron.
(Stockton, unpub. M.S.)
7-11 Cordes St.
-- These brick warehouses were used in the 19th century by the East Shore Terminal company, for a cotton press and storage of cement, hay, etc.
(Stockton, DYKYC, Oct 8, 1973.)