-- Law office of James Louis Petigru. Built in 1848-49 and designed by architect Edward B White, this two story stuccoed brick building shows the influence of Georgian architecture. The balcony was placed on the building in the 1920s by Susan Pringle Frost who salvaged it from a demolished building.
(Stoney, This is Charleston , p. 91; Whitelaw & Levkoff, p. 168; Ravenel, Architects , pp. 195,200)