Administrative Assistant / HR /Training / Support Services
The Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in supporting the HR/Training department of CCPL. This role is responsible for new hire/termination paperwork, on-boarding, recruitment, applicant tracking, scheduling interviews, and maintaining a training database. The HR Assistant works collaboratively across departments/branches on new hire on-boarding and various training events. This position provides support to the Training Coordinator and HR Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resources/training files, records, and documentation.
Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard polices, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to Training Coordinator or HR Director.
Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
Performs periodic audits of HR/Training files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
Provides clerical support to HR/Training department.
May assist with payroll functions including processing timesheets, blue sheets, etc.
Conducts and assists with new hire orientation and on-boarding process.
Assists with planning and execution of special events such as open enrollment, organization wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
Active and participating member of the Wellness Committee.
Assist HR with the process of recruitment, including vetting candidates, conducting interviews and reference checks.
Supports internal and external inquiries and requests related to the HR/Training department.
Compiles and maintains paper, digital, and electronic employee records and training documents.
Researches, schedules and tracks training programs, workshops, and seminars for all CCPL employees.
Conducts some basic training for CCPL employees.
Maintains employee new hire and training computer database.
Coordinates logistics for new hire orientation i.e. create binders, purchase snacks, supplies, set up and tear down of training room, etc.
Processes new hire and termination paperwork.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of HR concepts
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate sound judgement and discretion
- Must be highly organized, adaptable to change, and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work occasional nights/weekends
- Professional and comfortable with public speaking
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a Human Resources and/or related field
- Strong presentation and customer service skills
Hiring Salary Range: $30,971.020 - $34,902.40 annually commensurate with education and experience.
Closing date: Open until position is filled.