CCPL Americorps VISTA Special Project Manager
CCPL AmeriCorps VISTA Special Project Manager
CCPL is looking for a candidate through AmeriCorps VISTA to help build the future of social and community health services in the library. We are looking for data-driven thought leader to help build the structure and strategy of an embedded social service program at CCPL. This individual must be detail-oriented, excel at multi-tasking, and encompass skills in:
a. Project management (organized, goal/task oriented, attention to detail)
b. Data collection, analysis, and reporting
c. Technical writing
d. Research and writing Experience with social services a plus (social work, community health).
Goals and objectives include:
• Develop and implement needs assessment and report for social/community health service
structure inside the library (evaluating staff and patron needs). This would include:
o staff and patron surveys
o focus groups and other community-based engagement opportunities to solicit input
o the gathering of existing local community needs assessments
o research from national library-related social/community health services/programs
o other existing resource material
o analysis of behavioral-related incident data
o analysis of existing CCPL community health survey data
o community partner and other stakeholder interviews
• Assist in the development of a scope of work for social/community health services by utilizing
the research (listed above).
• Assist in identifying potential community partners who can deliver services/programs that meet
the scope of work.
• Work with partners on agreements (including the drafting of Memorandum of Understandings
• Research local, regional, and national grants to help support the program.
• Apply for grants and set up compliance structure (if awarded) for sustainment beyond Vista’s
• Assist in development of proposed service/program structure including SOPs, staff training,
quality control, designing collection of data and metrics to maximize the demonstration of
• Assist in implementation (if time permits).
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (B.S.W), Community Health, Public Administration, or related degree preferred.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Living allowance
- Professional development opportunities
- Network with professionals in the nonprofit and education sector
- Health and dental benefits
- Education Award upon successful completion of term
- Loan deferment and interest forbearance
- Active alumni network
- A chance to serve on a diverse, passionate team
- And more!
AmeriCorps VISTA is…the national service program of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) designed specifically to fight poverty. VISTA supports local efforts by engaging members in a one-year, full-time service year with a local organization. All VISTA projects seek to build the capacity and sustainability of local organizations and agencies to serve their clients more effectively.
Interested candidates should visit https://www.charleston-sc.gov/854/AmeriCorps-VISTA for more details and apply HERE.