Development Officer / Support Services
The Development Officer supports the strategic fundraising efforts and contributes significantly to the growth and sustainability of CCPL. This role is responsible for the creation and submission of grant applications and reports, leading the organization’s annual fundraising and donor recognition, and carrying out the administration of the donor database. The Development Officer works collaboratively across departments on grant activities while establishing relationships with new donors and maintaining relationships with existing donors. This position provides support to the Executive Director on recognizing major gift donations and is the liaison to the Friends of the Library (FOL). This role has significant responsibility for overseeing complex projects and is accountable for achieving specific funding goals laid out in the strategic vision. The successful candidate will have experience in fundraising activities with proven measurable results.
- Forms partnerships with businesses and organizations to expand on CCPL’s current donor list and create a portfolio to track donations and ensure optimal usage of all funds.
- Represents the Library in the community and keeps stakeholders aware of benefits associated with the use of library facilities and resources.
- Prepare all fundraising plans and ensure compliance to all Library and County requirements.
- Monitor all associate fundraising activities and perform research on various projects to prepare all projections for revenue.
- Develop and administer all fundraising strategies and ensure adherence to fiscal year development plans.
- Maintain an effective network of appropriate community organizations to provide support to all development activities.
- Serves on one or more boards as CCPL’s representative in the Charleston Community.
- Analyze all contract procedures/grant applications and ensure all fundraising activities are compliant with state and local county regulations.
- Conduct regular research on all public and private foundations, coming up with creative ways to attract new donors.
- Monitor all development events and activities and ensure effective and appropriate use of all resources.
- This position works in collaboration with the Programming and Outreach departments, as well as, the Friends of the Library for all fundraising events.
- Prepare drafts for all proposals and foundations, including all objectives and trends and submit recommendations to the Executive Director for approval.
- Prepare presentations and provide fundraising updates to the Library Board and members of the Executive Team.
- Models a high level of customer service and train and coach staff on fundraising initiatives.
- Attends CCPL Board meetings, community town hall meetings, and appears on local television, radio and in other media opportunities as needed.
- Solid understanding of basic fundraising principles and knowledgeable of Federal, State and Local requirements
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate sound judgement and discretion
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working in collaborative team settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work occasional nights/weekends
- Professional and comfortable with public speaking
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required
- Minimum of 4 years of fundraising experience in a not-for-profit setting
- Strong presentation and customer service skills
Hiring Salary Range: $58,864.00 - $68,000.00 annually commensurate with education and experience.
Closing date: Open until position is filled.