Wando Mount Pleasant Makerspace and Creative Studios Procedures
Welcome to the Wando Mount Pleasant Makerspace and Creative Studios
The Wando Mount Pleasant Library features two creative studios. Creative Studio 1 serves as a classroom for arts and crafts programs. There is no age restriction for Creative Studio 1. All storage in this room will be locked when not in use to help create a safe program area for all ages. Creative Studio 2 will house all machines and tools for use. Patrons must be 18 years old or older to be in Creative Studio 2. Patrons will be able to use the machine while the library is open after completing a scheduled training session with the Makerspace Coordinator.
Meet Our Makerspace Coordinator
Maker Studio Coordinator
(843) 805-6888 Ext. 8006
Meet Your Library: Makerspace
Rules and Procedures
- Patrons must complete an orientation & training session before using any machines or equipment in the studio.
- Patrons must be 18 and over to be inside Creative Studio 2.
- Patrons must stop working on their project at least 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Patrons must leave the space clean.
- Patrons must supply their own consumables. (Please see “Materials for Equipment and Machines” for more details.)
- Patrons must sign a liability waiver before using any of the machines or tools in the spaces.
- Users must follow the CCPL Code of Conduct at all times.
Creative Studio 2 features the following equipment:
- Sewing machines
- Embroidery machine
- Cricut Maker
- Silhouette Cameo3
- Dremel 3D20 3D printers
- Glowforge laser cutter (coming soon)
- Paint brushes, pens and pencils
- Rotary cutters
- Cutting mats
- Light boxes
More items may be added over time, and current items might be taken out depending on patron demand and usage. The 3D printers and the laser cutter will only be operated by a trained member of the library staff.
Orientation and Training Sessions
Patrons must complete an orientation/training session for each machine prior to use. Group training sessions will be provided for all equipment. Patrons must sign up in advance to ensure a spot. Visit www.ccpl.org and click “Events,” then “Calendar” and search for the Wando Branch to see upcoming classes. The Maker Space Manager will also host 1-on-1 appointments for training and special projects, as scheduling allows. Email [email protected] or call 843-805-6888 for details.
Patrons who would like to use the equipment must fill out a liability waiver. By signing the waiver, the patron accepts full responsibility for the outcome of their projects and any injury they might incur. They also accept the library is not responsible for the destruction of their consumable materials, and that they will not be reimbursed should that occur.
Materials for Equipment and Machines
Patrons must supply their own consumable materials for use of the machines. The library does not supply or sell consumable materials to patrons. Examples of consumable materials include cardstock, vinyl, wood, leather, fabric, thread, bobbins, transfer paper, etc. Patrons should contact the Makerspace Coordinator if they are unsure what to bring with them.