- Summer Reading 2020
- Connect to CCPL
- Use Your Library
- How Do I?
- About CCPL
Senior IT Services Specialist / IT Services / Support Services
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love libraries? Charleston County Public Library is looking for the next IT wizard! This is an exciting time to join our IT Services department. We’ve opened two state-of-the-art libraries, more building projects are underway, and 13 building renovations will follow. CCPL is also migrating to RFID, Self-check and Automated Material Handling.
Specific duties include:
- Lead technician providing daily support (assessment, evaluation, maintenance, and repair) for all PC systems (hardware and software) and their peripherals at all branches.
- Replaces PC hardware and handles any necessary reimaging or configuring.
- Responds to support issues, questions, comments, and requests in a courteous, timely manner.
- Provides needed information and demonstrations concerning PC system use.
- Keeps IT Services Managers and local branch or department managers fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, training sessions, and reviews materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices, and new developments in assigned work areas.
- Acts as a liaison between departments on related technological issues.
- Analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Plan, organize, and manage time across multiple tasks and projects.
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with speed, accuracy, and attention to detail under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to oral instructions and/or written specifications.
- Understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Willing to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information, software, and technologies.
- Use integrity, ingenuity, and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
The successful applicant must be skilled in communicating effectively and pleasantly with others, both orally and in writing, using technical and nontechnical language. Other duties as assigned. Evening and weekend work included. Must have the stamina for lifting equipment, as well as for periods of walking, standing, sitting, reaching, bending, stooping, and kneeling.
Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field. Two or more relevant certifications, such as CompTIA A+ and Network+. At least two years of relatable technical support experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office 2019, and Office 365. Prior library or school IT experience preferred. Other duties as assigned. Some evening and weekend work included. Travel as needed between branches in Charleston County area. Must have the stamina for lifting equipment, as well as for periods of walking, standing, sitting, reaching, bending, stooping, and kneeling. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license with a safe driving record.
Hiring Salary Range: $43,513.60 - $49,004.80 annually depending on qualifications.
Closing Date: Open until position is filled.