Adult Summer Reading Program
About the Adult Summer Reading Program
Charleston County Public Library's summer reading program isn’t just for kids! Adults are invited to participate in this free virtual program from June 1 through August 31. Register online at home, and keep track of points earned by reading or listening to a story. Just log your reading here. One page or one minute = one point. Earn prizes when you reach 300 points (5 hours), 900 points (15 hours) and 1800 points (30 hours).
Use the library's Summer Reading website to keep track of what you read, and turn it in for great prizes. If you do not have access to the internet, please download the Adult Summer Reading Log or call your local CCPL branch for assistance. Prize drawings will be held throughout the summer.
Check out our 2021 Summer Reading Program Guide.
Prizes for the Adult Summer Reading Program
Win gift cards and other great prizes simply for reading!
5 hours/300 points:
Wendy’s free frosty coupon
Invitation to a Charleston RiverDogs end of summer celebration - see details below on redeeming tickets
15 hours/900 points:
Silicone straw (on a keychain)
30 hours/1800 points:
Voucher for a free food item at Hardee’s
Free admission to Patriots Point
Free admission to Ice Palace
Entry into grand prize drawing
One winner at each branch will receive a prize valued at $45. Winners will be drawn after August 31, 2021.
*Prizes are limited and while supplies last.
Four winners will receive a Friends of the Library gift certificate valued at $15. Winners will be drawn after August 31, 2021.
Bingo cards can be found at your branch or you can download and print one here.
RiverDogs Ticket Redemption Instructions
Vouchers MUST be redeemed online in advance. Additional tickets may be purchased in the same transaction. The below instructions can also be found at RiverDogs.com/SummerReading. Call the RiverDogs at 843-577-3647 with ticket redeption questions.
- Click Here to go to the redeption site.
- If you already have an account, enter your email address & password and click "LOG IN"
- If you do not have an account, click "SIGN UP" and create an account
- In the left panel of your home screen, select "VOUCHERS", or on a Mobile Device, click the Hamburger Menu (3 horizontal lines) on the top right, and then click "MY TICKETS" and "VOUCHERS"
- Where it says "Enter voucher code" type the code from your printed tickets (next to the barcode) include the hyphen
- Click "ADD". Repeat process for all vouchers you have (1 for each child)
- You will then see a list of all vouchers you have added. At the bottom, click "VOUCHER ACTIONS" and "REDEEM"
- Select the check boxes next to the voucher(s) you'd like to redeem and hit "CONTINUE"
- Select the game you'd like to attend
- From the seating chart, select the seats you'd like to purchase (both free ones using the voucher and any additional paid tickets)
- Click "CONTINUE" and finish the purchasing process
- Those tickets are now in your account, from which you can print, forward, or pull up those barcodes to scan at the ballpark gates.
Check out our other Summer Reading Programs!