Teens Summer Reading Program
About the Teen Summer Reading Program
Charleston County Public Library's summer reading program is for teens is designed for rising 6th graders to 18-year-olds. Enjoy this FREE program virtually from June 1 through August 31. CCSD students are already pre-registered in the program. Their username and password are the same as their CCSD email. Teachers and librarians at each school can help students log into their accounts. For non-CCSD students, register online at home, and keep track of points earned by reading or listening to a story. Just log your reading here. One page or one minute = one point. Earn prizes when you reach 300 points (5 hours), 900 points (15 hours) and 1800 points (30 hours).
Use the library's Summer Reading website to keep track of what you read, and turn it in for great prizes. If you do not have access to the internet, please download the Teens Summer Reading Log or call your local CCPL branch for assistance.
Check out our 2021 Summer Reading Program Guide.
Prizes for the Teen Summer Reading Program
5 hours/300 points:
Wendy’s free frosty coupon
Invitation to a Charleston RiverDogs end of summer celebration - see details below on redeeming tickets
Choice of: earbuds OR fidget spinner
15 hours/900 points:
Drawstring sports bag
Choice of paperback book
Voucher for free TCBY yogurt
Voucher for one month of free lessons from Masters Studios
30 hours/1800 points:
Stainless steel water bottle
Free entry to Gibbes Museum
Free admission to Carolina Ice Palace
Free admission to Patriots Point
South Carolina Stingrays ticket
Entry into branch grand prize drawing
*Prizes are limited and while supplies last.
Branch Grand Prize Drawing:
One winner at each branch will receive a $50 Visa gift card. Winners will be drawn after August 31, 2021.
RiverDogs Ticket Redemption Instructions
Vouchers MUST be redeemed online in advance. Additional tickets may be purchased in the same transaction. The below instructions can also be found at RiverDogs.com/SummerReading. Call the RiverDogs at 843-577-3647 with ticket redeption questions.
- Click Here to go to the redeption site.
- If you already have an account, enter your email address & password and click "LOG IN"
- If you do not have an account, click "SIGN UP" and create an account
- In the left panel of your home screen, select "VOUCHERS", or on a Mobile Device, click the Hamburger Menu (3 horizontal lines) on the top right, and then click "MY TICKETS" and "VOUCHERS"
- Where it says "Enter voucher code" type the code from your printed tickets (next to the barcode) include the hyphen
- Click "ADD". Repeat process for all vouchers you have (1 for each child)
- You will then see a list of all vouchers you have added. At the bottom, click "VOUCHER ACTIONS" and "REDEEM"
- Select the check boxes next to the voucher(s) you'd like to redeem and hit "CONTINUE"
- Select the game you'd like to attend
- From the seating chart, select the seats you'd like to purchase (both free ones using the voucher and any additional paid tickets)
- Click "CONTINUE" and finish the purchasing process
- Those tickets are now in your account, from which you can print, forward, or pull up those barcodes to scan at the ballpark gates.
Check out our other Summer Reading Programs!