Kids Summer Reading Program
About the Kids Program
Charleston County Public Library's summer reading program is for children ages 11 and younger. Enjoy this FREE program virtually from June 1 through August 31. CCSD students are already pre-registered in the program. Their username and password are the same as their CCSD email. Teachers and librarians at each school can help students log into their accounts. For non-CCSD participants, register online at home. All participants can keep track of points earned by reading or listening to a story. One page or one minute = one point. Earn prizes when you reach 300 points (5 hours), 900 points (15 hours) and 1800 points (30 hours).
Just log your reading here, and turn it in for great prizes. If you do not have access to the internet, please download the Kids Summer Reading Worksheet or call your local CCPL branch for assistance with logging.
Check out our 2021 Summer Reading Program Guide.
Need help picking out books to read? We've put together lists for preschoolers, and kids in Kindergarten through 5th grades! Check them out!
Prizes for the Kids Summer Reading Program
Children receive prizes for reading or listening to stories at levels of 5, 15 and 30 hours. Awards include the S.C. Reading Medal, vouchers for food or events, a t-shirt, and more!
Download your Kids Summer Reading Program Reading Log here!
Register online for this free program. Keep track of how often you read or listen to stories, and collect prizes.*
5 hours/300 points
Wendy’s free Jr. Frosty coupon
Invitation to a Charleston RiverDogs end of summer celebration - see details below on redeeming tickets
15 hours/900 points
SC Reading medal
One book from a selection of Children’s K-5th grade titles
A voucher for a free karate lesson from Master’s Studios-OR-White Key Studios music lesson
A voucher for Carolina Ice Palace-OR-SkyZone
A Charleston Museum voucher
30 hours/1800 points
A voucher for SC Aquarium-OR-Charles Towne Landing
A voucher for Patriots Point-OR-SC Stingrays game
A Gibbes Museum voucher
A Charleston Fun Park voucher
Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry
Raising Cane’s Kid’s Meal-OR-Choice of Local Food Coupon
Entry into grand prize drawing
*Prizes are limited and while supplies last.
Grand Prize Drawing
19 winners (one from each branch) will receive a gift basket of various swag from sponsors, plus a set of Brain Blox, Arbordale book, STEM toy, and more. Winner will be drawn after Aug. 31, 2021.
All-Star Missions Drawing: Participants who complete 15 out of 30 missions will be entered into a randomly selected drawing for Brain Blox plank set. Winners will be drawn after Aug. 31, 2021.
RiverDogs Ticket Redemption Instructions
Vouchers MUST be redeemed online in advance. Additional tickets may be purchased in the same transaction. The below instructions can also be found at RiverDogs.com/SummerReading. Call the RiverDogs at 843-577-3647 with ticket redeption questions.
- Click Here to go to the redeption site.
- If you already have an account, enter your email address & password and click "LOG IN"
- If you do not have an account, click "SIGN UP" and create an account
- In the left panel of your home screen, select "VOUCHERS", or on a Mobile Device, click the Hamburger Menu (3 horizontal lines) on the top right, and then click "MY TICKETS" and "VOUCHERS"
- Where it says "Enter voucher code" type the code from your printed tickets (next to the barcode) include the hyphen
- Click "ADD". Repeat process for all vouchers you have (1 for each child)
- You will then see a list of all vouchers you have added. At the bottom, click "VOUCHER ACTIONS" and "REDEEM"
- Select the check boxes next to the voucher(s) you'd like to redeem and hit "CONTINUE"
- Select the game you'd like to attend
- From the seating chart, select the seats you'd like to purchase (both free ones using the voucher and any additional paid tickets)
- Click "CONTINUE" and finish the purchasing process
- Those tickets are now in your account, from which you can print, forward, or pull up those barcodes to scan at the ballpark gates.
Check out our other Summer Reading Programs!