- Connect to CCPL
- Use Your Library
- Virtual Events
- How Do I?
- About CCPL
Phone: (843) 887-3699
Phone: (843) 884-9741
Folly Beach Library
Phone: (843) 588-2001
Phone: (843) 869-2355
Edgar Allan Poe/Sullivan's Island Library
Phone: (843) 883-3914
West Ashley Library
Phone: (843) 766-6635
St. Paul's/Hollywood Library
Phone: (843) 889-3300
Mt. Pleasant Regional Library
Phone: (843) 849-6161
Dorchester Road Regional Library
Phone: (843) 552-6466
John L. Dart Library
Phone: (843) 722-7550
Cooper River Memorial Library
Phone: (843) 744-2489
Baxter-Patrick James Island
Phone: (843) 795-6679
Phone: (843) 805-6930
Inside our Branches: What to Expect
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, CCPL has altered its operations to ensure the safety of its patrons and staff. Several safety measures have been put into place in the branches that are currently open to the public. Below are the guidelines for patrons who enter library facilities:
- Please do not enter this building if you are feeling sick or have a temperature over 100.4 degrees.
- Patrons and staff are required to wear a mask at all times while inside a library facility, per a Charleston County Ordinance. Masks should fully cover the nose and mouth.
- Patrons and staff must maintain six feet of distance from other people, when possible.
- Library services inside the branch are limited. The following services are currently available at the open locations:
- Browsing of materials (books, DVD’s, etc.)
- Use of self-checkout
- Computer use (limited to one hour per patron)
- Mobile printing*
- Self-serve copier service will be available with limited staff assistance*
*Library staff cannot offer change for printing or copying so patrons will have to use the cash they have available or use a debit/credit card.
- Applying for a new library card or transitioning from a temporary eCard
- In-building “Grab and Go” service for picking up items placed on hold. This includes items placed on hold available from the Holds Shelf and book bundles of curated staff selections.
- Interlibrary loan lending
- CCPL buildings are adhering to occupancy limits, so you may experience a wait before entering a branch.
- We encourage patrons to spend no more than one hour in the building to allow more patrons to have an opportunity to use the library.
- If you touch a book or other item while browsing, please place the item on the designated cart so that we may quarantine the item.
- Public programs and room bookings remain suspended. However, virtual programs will continue on our website, where you can access a calendar of virtual events, and on our Facebook page.
- Book returns are open at all branches. All items returned are being quarantined for 96 hours before they are processed, checked back in and recirculated.
- Staff are not handling cash at this time.
Wi-Fi will continue being accessible outside all CCPL buildings Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. This extended Wi-Fi is not currently available outside the Folly Beach Library. If you have any questions, you may email [email protected].