Inside our Branches: What to Expect
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, CCPL has altered its operations to ensure the safety of its patrons and staff. Several safety measures have been put into place in the branches that are currently open to the public. Below are the guidelines for patrons who enter library facilities:
- Please do not enter this building if you are feeling sick or have a temperature over 100.4 degrees.
- On Monday, Nov. 22, 2021, county officials announced that fully vaccinated employees and residents are no longer required to wear face coverings inside most Charleston County Government buildings and libraries. Although not required, face coverings are still strongly encouraged. See more from Charleston County.
- CCPL staff may continue to wear masks and face shields at their discretion.We recommend patrons and staff maintain six feet of distance from other people, when possible.
- Library services inside the branch are limited. The following services are currently available at the open locations:
- Browsing of materials (books, DVD’s, etc.)
- Use of self-checkout
- Computer use
- Mobile printing
- Self-serve copier service
- Applying for a new library card
- Picking up items placed on hold and check out of bundled items. This includes items placed on hold available from the Holds Shelf and book bundles of curated staff selections.
- Interlibrary loan lending
- Notary Service, by appointment, at select locations
- Rental Assistance, by appointment at select locations
- One-on-one/extended service which may include the following: Book-A-Librarian, Rental Assistance, Extended Computer Assistance, Notary Service, etc. (Please refer to number 6)
- Patrons are required to wear a mask if they are receiving one-on-one/extended service in which the patron is requesting more than 15 minutes of assistance and/or are closer than six feet. Staff may refuse one-on-one service to patrons who do not wear a mask.
- CCPL buildings are adhering to occupancy limits, so you may experience a wait before entering a branch.
- We encourage patrons to spend no more than one hour in the building to allow more patrons to have an opportunity to use the library.
- Indoor public programs and room bookings remain suspended. However, virtual programs will continue on our website, where you can access a calendar of virtual events, and on our Facebook page.
- Book returns are open at all open branches.
If you have any questions about any of these guidelines, you may email [email protected].