After-school Food Programs
Kids and teens can enjoy free after-school snacks and meals at select library branches through the Kids Café Program! The program is in partnership with the Lowcountry Food Bank and provides access to healthy food options. The program also offers hot and cold suppers at a few branches.
Snacks include nutritious options such as fruit, cheese, yogurt and muffins. Meals include foods like sandwiches, taco salad, chicken salad, mac and cheese, ham, sweet potatoes and more. This is an equal opportunity program.
The Kids Café Program runs through May 7, 2024. Meals and snacks are available to kids 18 and under, Monday through Friday, from 3 p.m.-5 p.m. (*unless otherwise noted) at the following library locations. Check out the schedule and locations below:
Serving Hot Suppers
- St. Paul’s Hollywood (5130 Hwy 165, Hollywood)
Serving Cold Suppers
- Hurd/St. Andrews (1735 N. Woodmere Dr, Charleston)
- Dorchester (6325 Dorchester Rd, North Charleston)
- Otranto (2261 Otranto Road, North Charleston)
- *Snacks at Otranto Road Library will be served from 2:30 -4:30 p.m.
- John’s Island (3531 Maybank Hwy, Johns Island)
- *Snacks at John’s Island Library will be served from 2:30 –4:30 p.m.
Other After-school Food Programs (not affiliated with the Lowcountry Food Bank)
This program is brought to you by the Charleston Friends of the Library.
- Baxter-Patrick James Island (1858 South Grimball Rd) - Serving Snacks: Monday – Friday, 3-5 p.m.